Millions of people in the United States experience chronic face and neck discomfort, as well as severe, recurrent headaches. In certain situations, the discomfort is caused by Temporomandibular Disorder, or TMD. TMJs are the joints that link your lower jawbone to your skull. These joints are constantly used when you talk, chew, swallow, and yawn. Pain in and around these joints can be uncomfortable and even limit movement.
TMD SYMPTOMS INCLUDE:
- Jaw pain
- Ear discomfort, ringing, or stuffiness
- Headaches or neck pains on a regular basis
- When the jaw moves, there is a clicking or popping sound.
- Spasms in the jaw muscles
- A shift in the top and bottom teeth’s alignment
- Locked jaw or restricted mouth opening
If you observe any of these symptoms, please notify Dr. Nadeau at your next consultation with Nadeau Orthodontics. He can help you evaluate whether you have TMD and develop a treatment plan to alleviate your symptoms.